How to cook Sea Urchin Pasta?Shinadmin
Sea urchinsin Singapore, Japan, the Mediterranean, and some parts of the United States, are considered to be a delicacy. Sea urchins have a buttery texture with a sweet and briny flavor that makes them irresistible once you’ve tried them.
The best way to experience the rich sea flavor of the sea urchins is to eat them raw. You can choose to add butter or lemon to enhance the natural flavor. You can also have your sea urchins with prepared food. However, due to their delicate taste, sea urchins should be served with foods with neutral flavors such as pastaor toast.
There are so many ways of cooking sea urchin with pasta. This recipe shows an easy way to prepareto make the best creamy sea urchin pasta. And although sea urchin is expensive, just a little is enough to deliver a great taste.
To get the right taste, you have to make sure you get the freshest of sea urchins. You also have to work quickly. You cannot afford to overcook the urchins.
The heavy cream adds a rich and creamy taste to the salty flavor of the fresh sea urchins. This recipe is easy to follow, and you can prepare a beautiful meal from the comfort of your home
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 100 grams of fresh sea urchins
- 100 grams of pasta
- One clove garlic, minced
- Two cups heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese, grated.
- Two egg yolks
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Shrimp for topping
- To a pot of salted boiling water, add the pasta and let it cook until the pasta is al dente (still firm to bite) as you prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan, pour in the whipping cream and then add the minced garlic.Let the mixture simmer on low heat for ten minutes or until it thickens. Do not let it boil.
- Remove the cream from the stove and put aside two or three tablespoons of the cream in a separate bowl. Beat in the egg yolks then set aside.
- Add the fresh sea urchins to the remaining cream, mix them in a blender or a food processor to form a sauce, then strain with a sieve. Ensure that the sauce remains warms.
- Using a pair of forceps, remove the pasta from the water and place it in a hot pan over low heat. Add the sea urchins and whipping cream mix to the pasta and allow it to cook for a minute.
- Remove the pot from the stove and slowly add the egg yolk mixture while stirring to prevent the eggs from turning to scrambled eggs.
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese and stir.
- Then add the crushed red pepper flakes and salt to season the pasta.
- Serve the pasta and garnish with the shrimp and chopped parsley.
You have to keep in mind that not all sea urchins are the same. The tastes and looks are likely to vary depending on which part of the world you are in, or where you order your sea urchins from. There are a total of eighteen varieties of edible sea urchins, and they all differ in color, taste, and texture.
Leave a Reply