UPCOMING AIR CARGO : Friday 20 May
Latest Delivery : Saturday 21 May
Order within to be in time for the upcoming air cargo.
Otoro is the premium cut of meat from the belly of the bluefin tuna. Otoro is known for its marbled texture and is the fattiest part.
- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
Toro is the fatty part of the maguro, and it’s the prime meat that comes from the belly of the fish. With toro, you also have the Otoro and the Chutoro.
“O” means big and “Chu” means medium in Japanese.
Because Otoro is such a limited part of the fish, it is also the most expensive.
At Shinshoku, we are dedicated to delivering only the highest grade of tuna to you.
Amazing umami flavours that will literally melt in your mouth
How to store
To be kept in the chiller for up to 2 days, of in the freezer for up to 1 week.
How to enjoy this
1. 1 day before consumption, take the Otoro out from the freezer and gently clean it (with your hands) under tap water for 1-2 minutes.
2. Pat dry with a kitchen towel
3. Line a tray with a few layers of kitchen towels and place the Otoro on top.
4. Place more kitchen towels on top of the Otoro
5. Cling wrap the tray
6. Leave in the chiller for at least 8 hours
7. Otoro is ready for consumption
*Please defrost the Otoro in the chiller. Do not leave it out in the open to defrost.
Grade: Sashimi Grade
Availability: Ready stock available for delivery within 24 hours